Inside a 1902 Victorian painted a cheerful blue in San Francisco’s Castro village, a two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo listed for $1.689 million is a refreshing surprise.
The full-floor flat at 29 Hartford St. blends original details and tasteful modern updates with sprinkles of color throughout.
The light-filled living room painted a pale blue-gray features a cove of wood-frame windows, a decorative fireplace and a chandelier with crystals in a rainbow of colors hanging from a ceiling medallion.
The bathrooms and kitchen have been updated with a fun modern-retro vibe. One bathrooms is tiled in a checkerboard of blue hues, while the other has a black-and-white theme. In the kitchen, glass panels protect a backsplash of pineapple-covered wallpaper, and a teal refrigerator gives the room an extra pop of color. There’s a pass-through with a counter between the kitchen and dining room, and the kitchen island is moveable.
“It’s very whimsical,” says listing agent Marc McHale of Vanguard Properties. “It’s a visual feast, and there’s always something to grab your attention. At the same time, there’s a discipline about it. It’s not over-the-top.”
Both bedrooms are generous in size and the master features a walk-in closet. The laundry room is framed with a wall of French-atelier windows so you can enjoy a view of the backyard greenery while folding.
The electric work has been updated and the front door features keyless entrance. The landscaped backyard is shared.
The property is walking distance to shops, restaurants and public transit.
Amy Graff is a digital editor for SFGATE. Email her at [email protected]
- 'Players can leave or wait till I'm sacked'
- WWE star Becky Lynch: 'Wait till you see what our women can do'
- Iranians can’t wait till 2020
- SNP members urged to be patient over IndyRef2 vote and wait till 'time is right'
- Busy road outside primary school an 'accident waiting to happen', say parents
- Crossing outside Woking school a 'fatality waiting to happen'
- Refugees line up outside police station in Greece waiting to be arrested in order to claim asylum
- This is the lamest Strictly line-up in years – but just wait till the dancing starts
- Here's how you can get your hair cut inside a PUB for the bargain price of £2.50
- Inside Bijan: The boutique behind Paul Manafort's lavish wardrobe