ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Students in Elk Grove are coming together to support a Muslim classmate who says she was assaulted because of her religion. The alleged attack happened on Wednesday. A 17-year-old girl wearing a Muslim Student Association shirt at school and was followed by a masked person into the bathroom, she says. There, the alleged attacker verbally attacked the girl for being a Muslim and threw a bucket of water on her. The girl was not physically injured during the incident. On Friday, students, parents, and staff met at Pleasant Grove High School to discuss the incident. The Elk Grove School District sent a letter home to parents condemning what happened. “The PGHS community came together to show student unity and respect for the diverse makeup of the school community which is cherished, promoted and protected,” the school district wrote on their Facebook page. Police are investigating the incident.
- Elk Grove's Ridge scores 7 touchdowns in victory over Wheeling
- Syrian refugee ‘waterboarded’ by teen bully says Huddersfield school is ‘like a WAR ZONE’ as family move out of ‘dangerous’ area
- Climate change strike: Students to stage school walkout over environmental 'emergency'
- Student at Plaistow school wins a scholarship to Kings College
- Fuming parents want say in school’s future
- DeKalb native affects students at Kenyan school for girls through music education
- New breakfast club helps students at Burnley school to kickstart their day
- Edinburgh student says buying plastic water bottles is like 'being homophobic'
- Students Sue Pennsylvania School Over Bible Distribution Ban
- ‘I had every right to stand there’: Covington Catholic student says he has nothing to apologize for
Student Says She Was Assaulted At School In Elk Grove For Being Muslim have 281 words, post on sacramento.cbslocal.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.