close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for Dec. 6 Fox News Flash top headlines for Dec. 6 are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com The U.S. House approved a Democrat-backed resolution Friday calling for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict – but did so without support from the four far-left freshmen congresswomen known as “the Squad.” U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., a Squad member and the first Palestinian-American elected to Congress, equated the Mideast plan to the racial segregation previously carried out in the U.S. under the “separate but equal” legal doctrine before the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s. “This resolution not only endorses an unrealistic, unattainable solution, one that Israel has made impossible,” Tlaib said, “but also one that legitimatizes inequality, ethnic discrimination, and inhumane conditions. Israel’s nation-state law, which states that only Jews have the right to self-determination, has eliminated the political rights of the Palestinian people and effectively made them second-class citizens.” Squad member Ilhan Omar, a Minnesota congresswoman, also opposed the plan in Twitter messages posted Friday. “We are told to swallow these changes in the name of ‘pragmatism,'” Omar wrote in one message. “But there is nothing ‘pragmatic’ about a vote that makes peace… Read full this story
- Jordan king reiterates two-state solution as sole way to resolve Palestinian-Israeli conflict
- Maher: ‘Squad’ Members Endorsing Sanders Good for Warren
- US, Israel Pit Regional States against Each Other: Zarif
- GOP is one unhappy family
- Family and tribal members plead for posthumous pardon for Don Gellers
- 3 GOP challengers take roadshow to pro-Trump Tennessee
- 'Conservatives need a Squad of our own': Alabama candidate for Congress says she is 'sick of arrogant socialists like AOC' in viral campaign ad
- Expanding the 'Squad:' U.S. liberals challenge moderate Democrats to move party left
- Ocasio-Cortez: We Need a ‘Multigendered, Multigeographic’ United States
- Official look at Jared Leto as the Joker from 'Suicide Squad'
Squad members oppose Israeli-Palestinian 'two-state solution' resolution, aligning with GOP have 334 words, post on www.foxnews.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.