Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed victory after Amazon announced its intention to lease office space in Manhattan, news which followed the lawmaker’s efforts to prevent the company from putting its second headquarters in New York City, which would have created 25,000 jobs.Ocasio-Cortez celebrated the reports indicating that Amazon agreed to lease a 335,000-square-foot office space in Manhattan opening in 2021, which will bring an estimated 1,500 jobs to the area. The news follows Amazon’s decision to back out of a deal to move its HQ2 project to Long Island City, which “could have created between 25,000 and 40,000 jobs with an average salary of $150,000,” as Breitbart News reported. Ocasio-Cortez opposed the idea due to the agreement’s “tax breaks and financial incentives” and celebrated Amazon’s decision to ditch the plan as a victory over “corporate greed.” “Won’t you look at that: Amazon is coming to NYC anyway – *without* requiring the public to finance shady deals, helipad handouts for Jeff Bezos, & corporate giveaways,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted following Friday’s announcement. “Maybe the Trump admin should focus more on cutting public assistance to billionaires instead of poor families,” she added: Won’t you look at that: Amazon is coming to NYC anyway – *without*… Read full this story
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Critique of Fact-Checking Is Valid
- Report: Ocasio-Cortez Screamed at Law Enforcement in ‘Threatening Manner’ During Migrant Shelter Visit
- Border Patrol’s Brandon Judd Fires Back at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for ‘Falsehoods’ About Migrant Facilities
- Nancy Pelosi: Glass of Water Could Take Districts Like Mine and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's—'That's Not Where We Have to Win the Election'
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez jumps into California politics to help House Democrats
- Ocasio-Cortez fires back at Washington Times after story on her 'high-dollar hairdo'
- Ocasio-Cortez Guests on RuPaul Show: ‘I Pledge Allegiance to the Drag’
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Progressive PAC Rolls Out First Slate of Endorsements
- Ocasio-Cortez claps back after article on her dress: 'Sequins are a great accessory to universal healthcare'
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Billionaires Should Not Exist
Ocasio-Cortez Claims Victory Following Amazon Announcement have 341 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.