Jake Patterson, the 22-year-old man serving a life sentence for holding Jayme Closs prisoner in his home for 88 days after murdering her parents, told investigators that if he had not taken the teenager, it “would probably be someone else.” New documents, including partial transcripts of Patterson’s initial investigation with officers after Closs escaped in January 2019, paint a disturbing picture of a man who was admittedly “basically lost.” Patterson told investigators that after floating through a series of dead-end jobs, he decided he would “take a girl.” The transcript also reveals chilling details of what Patterson did to “pump himself up” before carrying out the heinous act with a 12-gauge shotgun. He had chosen Closs, 13, after seeing her get on a school bus and had previously “chickened out” in attempting to kidnap her from her family home. But on Oct. 15, 2018, he found the twisted gumption to do it. “I put that gun, my shotgun in my mouth,” he told police. “I was telling myself you know either I’m going to die or they are.” He shaved his head and beard to avoid leaving any forensic evidence and drove from his home in Gordon, Wisconsin to the… Read full this story
- Cops piece together mystery of miracle escape by Jayme Closs from kidnapper’s lair
- Who is Jayme Closs, when was the teenager kidnapped and why was she honoured as a local hero?
- 88 days in captivity: The saga of 13-year-old Jayme Closs from horrific kidnapping to remarkable escape
- Horrifying moment kidnapper snatches eight-year-old girl as her anguished mom desperately calls out for help before police arrest her naked abductor at gunpoint hours later
- Parents thank Texas community that mobilized to rescue kidnapped 8-year-old girl
- Insecurity: 28 persons still in kidnappers captivity – Katsina village head
- Girl, 10, describes the moment her hero brother saved her during a carjacking by unbuckling her seatbelt and telling her to jump - as it's revealed he was born with heroin and crack in his system
- Dramatic moment police rescue eight-year-old girl hidden in a laundry basket in a hotel room after she was snatched off Texas street in front of her mother in broad daylight seven hours earlier
- Gang of teenage girls who smacked female Temple University student, 19, in the face with a brick taken into custody
- Telling the Story of the Radium Girls, Who Died to Make Luminous Watch Dials
Jayme Closs Kidnapper: I Would Have Taken Any Girl have 406 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at December 21, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.