AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — It was 1934 and John Henderson wanted a car. So he shelled out $26 for a used green Dodge Roadster, hoping the wheels would bring new adventures and impress fellow University of Texas classmates like Charlotte Curtis, the pretty girl who sat in front of him in zoology class. “It turned out to be the best $26 I ever spent,” said John Henderson, now 106. “I dated Charlotte all during the time I had it.” “I felt so important in that little roadster,” added Charlotte Henderson, now 105, with a laugh. “It was just a nice, nice car.” Nearly 80 years of marriage later, Charlotte is still by John’s side, the two sharing a life that has included everything from far-flung travels to countless favorite meals to, most recently, a Guinness World Record — in August, the Hendersons were named the oldest married couple on earth, with an aggregate age of 211 years. Sometimes, it’s hard not to wonder how the days turned into decades in a flash, Charlotte Henderson said. “One year just went into the next year,” she said recently at Longhorn Village, the retirement community the couple calls home. “We’ve always loved each… Read full this story
- Married couple killed in Easton car crash
- Ask Amy: Married couple reflects on their illegal abortion
- Longtime married couple dies within minutes of each other
- Longtime married couple die within minutes of each other
- Victims of Edmunds County farm fire were married couple
- How can this married couple get the most from Social Security?
- Guess what world record this couple set in under 5 minutes
- Married couples should make financial decisions together
- Couple leaving their wedding die in Orange County wreck
- Spurs' Patty Mills Marries Longtime Girlfriend in Hawaii
How Texas sweethearts became world's 'oldest married couple' have 298 words, post on www.chron.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.