PALOS PARK, IL — Going out of town for the holidays? Palos Park police will watch your house while you’re away. Residents can fill out a vacation watch report and an officer will check your house periodically during their patrol shift.
Palos Park police remind residents, if you’re planning on leaving for the holidays, you can fill out a vacation watch report and an officer will check on your house periodically during their patrol shift.
This is a service offered by the police department and residents are encouraged to use it when going out of town for an extended period of time.
“We want to advertise this service,” Police Commissioner Dan Polk said. “When people go on vacation, we want to make sure that they come back to the home they left.”
Thieves actually are looking for homes that don’t show any movement. Sometimes they’ll knock on the door to see if anyone comes to answer. Police presence in an area where people are away will make a thief think twice. Crooks don’t want to be around when police cars are around.
Police offer the following tips for securing your home while you’re on vacation:
- Do not leave a key under the mat, under a flower pot, etc.
- Purchase motion sensor lights.
- Invest in a two-way doorbell system with a camera.
- Don’t post on social media that you’re leaving town. It’s advertisement for burglars to potentially come to your house and steal something.
- U.S. Park Police Say Black Teenagers Were Handcuffed While Selling Water for Officers’ ‘Safety’
- Bean bag shotguns provide alternative to lethal force for Round Lake Park police
- Bean bags provide alternative to lethal force for Round Lake Park police
- Ludicrously Wealthy Town Wants Tesla Police Cars
- Pinellas Park police officer rushes into burning home to save 73-year-old man trapped inside
- Carlton: Tampa: This town knows parks
- Allen Park police to use Taser new officer on Facebook
- Are These Bastards Going After the Arts Again? White House Budget Cuts Target NEA, CPB, AmeriCorps
- Is Back to Help Us Forget About the Crazy Shit Going on in the Real White House
- Blood Drains From Mueller’s Face After Realizing Russia Investigation Might Go All The Way To White House