ARLINGTON, Texas — No. 6 Oklahoma has done all it can, winning a fifth Big 12 title in a row with another close win over No. 8 Baylor. Now the Sooners wait to see if they are going to get back in the College Football Playoff. That is up to the selection committee. “I hope they see the Big 12 champions. They’ve got a job to do, I get that,“ coach Lincoln Riley said after Oklahoma’s 30-23 overtime win Saturday. “We’ve had a job to do as a team, which was continuing to improve through the year, trust the things that we could and ultimately win the Big 12 championship,” he said. “We’ve done that.” Rhamondre Stevenson had a 5-yard touchdown run in overtime, and then freshman Jacob Zeno — whose two long passes in the fourth quarter helped tie the score — was under constant pressure when the Bears got their last chance. A day after No. 5 Utah lost in the Pac-12 championship game, and before No. 4 Georgia took on No. 1 LSU for the SEC title, Oklahoma (12-1, No. 6 CFP) became the first team in any league to win 10 conference championship games. It was… Read full this story
- Designer of $2,000 'navy' coat Melania Trump wore to the College Football Playoffs game in New Orleans says the shiny trench is BLACK - so, which color do YOU see?
- Pac-12 will watch College Football Playoff from home once again as No. 13 Oregon thumps No. 5 Utah
- WATCH: College Football Player Slams Police Officer to the Ground
- Shocking moment 'intoxicated' Kentucky college football player BODYSLAMS cop during arrest
- Georgia, Clemson announce neutral-site game in Charlotte to open 2021 college football season
- Are college football's most talent-rich teams getting richer?
- Win sponsorship for your child's football team courtesy of Hyundai and Chelsea next season
- Can 'one of the most talented teams' in college football history set records in the NFL draft?
- Olofsson scores 2 in Sabres' 4-3 OT win over Blue Jackets
- Golden Knights salvage OT win after stunning Ducks comeback
After OT win over Baylor, Oklahoma waits to hear about College Football Playoff have 345 words, post on www.sfgate.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.