BRITAIN is facing a vaping epidemic as the number of teens experimenting with e-cigs has doubled in five years, an expert warns. Dr Aaron Scott said the crisis was likely to get worse, as seen in the US. There, more than one in four high school students have vaped. The warning comes after it was revealed Ewan Fisher, 16, of Nottingham, was left with “catastrophic” lung problems when he took up e-cigarettes. Action on Smoking and Health said British 11 to 18-year-olds experimenting with vaping rose from 8.1 per cent to 15.4 per cent in the past five years. Dr Scott, of Birmingham University, who was behind a report earlier this year blasting health specialists for promoting e-cigarettes, said youngsters were being lured into vaping by marketing aimed at them. He said: “The US took up e-cigarettes before the UK and they are a look at the future for us. In America 40 per cent of kids have tried them by 18.”Dr Scott said that the marketing was geared towards younger and younger users with flavours named after the sweet brand Skittles and fruit flavours such as mango. most read in healthHome remedies What causes mouth ulcers and how to… Read full this story
- Skyrocketing teen e-cig use erases recent declines in youth tobacco use
- School changes dress code to combat teen vaping epidemic
- Teen deaths see youths in court over UK knife crime epidemic
- Trump is facing historically bad numbers for re-election in 2020
- LET US OUT! UK faces ANOTHER year in EU as bloc prepares LONG extension
- Local health officials say FDA’s moves against teen vaping ‘epidemic’ aren’t enough
- Texas school changes dress code to battle teen vaping epidemic
- FDA to limit sale of sweet-flavored e-cigarettes in hope of curbing teen vaping 'epidemic'
- Iran 'launched major cyber attack on UK that saw phone numbers stolen'
- More universal credit claimants could face sanctions as workload of DWP staff doubles, campaigners warn
UK ‘faces vaping epidemic’ as number of teens experimenting with e-cigs DOUBLES have 330 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 17, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.