MILTON, GA — A traffic shift was implemented on Tuesday in Milton at the intersection of Mayfield Road and Charlotte Drive. Contractors will be shifting to a three-way stop controlled operation and removing the traffic signal at the intersection. It will be done with temporary pavement, striping, traffic barrels and signage, the city said.
Drivers should expect delays as the city transitions and during this stage of construction. This is the next phase of the process as the roundabout is constructed.
In November 2016, citizens throughout Fulton County approved a Transportation Special Purpose Local-Option Sales Tax (TSPLOST). This 0.75 percent (3/4 cent), five-year referendum is estimated to bring a projected $37 million to the City of Milton to fund transportation projects. The Crabapple Northeast Connector Roadway (Project MIL-030) with intersection improvements at Mayfield Road and Charlotte Drive (Project MIL-005) is scheduled to be one of the first projects funded and implemented under the TSPLOST program.
In July 2017, the city approved a contract with Pond & Company to develop a concept including traffic modeling, property survey mapping, improvement scenario and concept plans.
Overall Project Layout shows recent improvements at Mayfield Road and Birmingham Highway, Heritage Walk at Birmingham Highway, and sidewalks along Mayfield Road along with planned project improvements.
On Feb. 5, the city approved a construction contract with CMES, Inc.
Updates on this project as well as other transportation projects are available at www.MiltonIntersectionProjects.com.
- Traffic cameras eye Hanoi road users
- Road work driving public mad
- Ho Chi Minh City department proposes doubling traffic fines to reduce road crashes, congestion
- Traffic order urged as road death toll rises
- Severe traffic jams on transnational road in Tet rush
- Major cities tackle traffic congestion with new roads
- Traffic policewomen handle congested roads in Hanoi
- Regulations on implementing rural-road concretion
- The youth with traffic culture: renovating and diversifying forms and methods of propaganda
- Plan to make roads safer