(CNN)Ugandan pop star turned politician, Bobi Wine, Nigerian gender rights activist, Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi and Kenyan film director, Wanuri Kahiu have all made it to the 2019 TIME 100 NEXT list. The list released Wednesday is a compilation of 100 young rising stars who are impacting the future of politics, business, science and more in the world. The list is part of an ongoing expansion of the flagship TIME 100 franchise that spotlights 100 changemakers from across the world, in different fields. Below are the Africans who made it to the list. Bobi Wine Read More Bobi Wine, real name Robert Kyagulanyi, is a Ugandan popstar turned politician. Wine, 37, has sung songs that are highly critical of the Ugandan president, Yoweri Museveni, who has ruled Uganda for the past 33 years. Bobi Wine: The ‘Ghetto President’ versus the strongman President In 2017, he joined politics and won a parliamentary seat as an independent in the same year. Wine calls himself the ‘Ghetto President’ and has led opposition lawmakers and activists to condemn government policies in his country. He gained global prominence in 2018 following his arrest alongside several opposition politicians accused of stoning the president’s convoy. He was charged… Read full this story
- Best and Worst Movie Moments of 2018 According to io9
- 'Fela!' and fate reunite Broadway show's stars stars, who were friends as teens
- Tank Black is out of jail and out to prove in new book that he didn't defraud sports stars
- Classic Cold War track and field rivalry spans generations as Millrose Games returns to the Garden
- The Flowering of the Hippies
- Justin Bieber’s $35,000 part-wild kittens raise serious concerns for cat rescue, animal welfare groups
- A rapper’s quest to be president
- Scientists discovered a new partial skeleton of pterosaur and promptly named it 'Butch'
- R.I.P. Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul
- The 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Bends The World To Its Will
These are the next generation of African stars, according to TIME have 325 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.