Now Playing: Jennifer Williams, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence, is on Capitol Hill to testify behind closed doors in the impeachment investigation. Her appearance comes as former national security adviser John Bolton has so far failed to show up. (Nov. 7) Video: Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — There were three words President Donald Trump wanted to hear from the Ukraine president: Investigations, Biden, Clinton. That’s according to the transcript, released Thursday, of an impeachment inquiry interview with career State Department official George Kent. Kent told investigators that that was his understanding of what Trump wanted Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to say in order to unlock U.S. military aid, as relayed to the official by others, including those in direct contact with the president. Back to Gallery The words Trump had to hear: Investigations, Biden, Clinton Facebook Twitter Email LinkedIn Reddit Pinterest Comments 7
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Trump's top adviser on Russia and Europe to quit ahead of his scheduled testimony to the impeachment inquiry today
- Trump weighs in on Democratic debate melee from JAPAN while seated with German chancellor, then tells her: 'I look forward to spending time with you rather than watching the debate'
- Trump to meet with game industry members to discuss violent games and school safety
- Trump blames mass shootings on video game guns, not real guns
- Trump Taps Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson for Cabinet Positions, Sends Rest of Us to Hell
- Trump pats Putin on the back and chats with smiling Saudi Crown Prince - the man accused of ordering the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - who stands in the front row for 'family photo' at G20 summit
- Harry Dunn's mother slams 'oafish and insulting' Donald Trump after he defends US spy's wife who killed her son in crash because it's difficult 'driving on wrong side of road' - then flashes note revealing she WON'T face justice in Britain
- Donald Trump Allowed Send Unblockable Text Messages; WEAs From Trump Worries Citizens
- Nationals fans boo Donald Trump AGAIN when re-election ad appears on stadium Jumbotron during Game 7 watch party – but Barack Obama's 2008 campaign manager calls spot 'very strong' and 'unprecedented' a year before Election Day
The words Trump had to hear: Investigations, Biden, Clinton have 399 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.