Photo: AP Photo: AP Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: AP MSNBC and Washington Post Air Strong, Substantial Democratic Debate (Column) 1 / 1 Back to Gallery The Democratic party primary debate in Atlanta ran long (by about 20 minutes) and had a crowded stage of 10 candidates — and yet, relatively speaking, flew by efficiently. After a passel of debates that had been wildly oversubscribed and caught fire more for personality conflict than policy difference, the MSNBC and Washington Post debate was rigorously moderated and governed by questions intended to draw out differences of belief rather than of rhetorical style. It was a refreshing change, and a signal that the debate calendar may be shifting into its more serious season. The moderators — Rachel Maddow, Andrea Mitchell, Ashley Parker, and Kristen Welker — deserve special mention for the degree to which thoughtful provocation managed to fit into their elegantly slight questions; the debate covered a great deal of ground, managing to touch on climate change, foreign policy, whether it is even possible to unite Americans anymore, and the legacy of Hillary Clinton. More from Variety TV Ratings: Impeachment Hearings Day 3 Draws 12 Million… Read full this story
- Washington Post: President Nancy Pelosi ‘Could Happen’
- Trump weighs in on Democratic debate melee from JAPAN while seated with German chancellor, then tells her: 'I look forward to spending time with you rather than watching the debate'
- Petition To Remove Washington Post’s Uncharted 4 Review Puts Metacritic into the Spotlight
- No Review Score? No problem for Metacritic and the Washington Post
- Democratic Senator Gillibrand to launch 2020 White House bid
- How A Washington Reporter Helped Launch The Ukraine Conspiracy
- Trump says meeting with Democrats on government shutdown was 'total waste of time'
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Report: Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner plan to stay in Washington, DC for a while
- War Thunder devs' Apache: Air Assault mistaken by news anchor for Russian airstrikes in Syria
MSNBC and Washington Post Air Strong, Substantial Democratic Debate (Column) have 353 words, post on www.sfgate.com at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.