(CNN)About 130,464 pounds of raw ground beef products have been recalled because they may contain plastic, the US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Thursday. The products subject to the recall are 16-oz vacuum sealed packages of “Nature’s Rancher 100% Grass Fed Organic Ground Beef 85% Lean, 15% Fat” and “Nature’s Rancher 100% Grass Fed Organic Ground Beef 93% Lean, 7% Fat,” the USDA said. These products, recalled by Rastelli Foods Group, have use or freeze by dates of 10/24/19, 10/31/19, 11/04/19, 11/07/19, and 11/11/19. The products were sent to distribution centers and then retail locations in Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois and Maryland. The recall was initiated by customer complaints, though there have been no confirmed adverse reactions from the products, the USDA said. Read More The USDA said consumers who have purchased the beef should not consume it, and anyone concerned about illness should contact a healthcare provider.
- Ground Beef Recalled Over Bits of Plastic
- What's that blue hard thing in the meat? 35,000 pounds of ground beef recalled
- Nearly 36,000 pounds of ground beef recalled due to hard plastic in meat
- 36,000 pounds of ground beef recalled
- Kroger supplier recalls 35,000 pounds of ground beef that may contain plastic
- Kroger supplier recalling 35,000 pounds of ground beef that may contain hard plastic
- What a restaurant found in the sausage got almost 50,000 pounds of it recalled
- More than 228,000 pounds of Spam recalled
- Maya Distribution, LLC Recalls Dragon Label Kratom Because Of Possible Salmonella Contamination
- Kroger ground beef among 17.7 tons recalled for potential plastics contamination
More than 130,000 pounds of ground beef recalled for possible plastic contamination have 258 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.