ProRehab offers Kentuckians 5 physical therapy sessions for the cost of one copay as part of pilot program to tackle back pain
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (PRWEB) November 13, 2019
ProRehab Physcial Therapy (PRPC) is proud to announce a first-of-its-kind pilot program with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Kentucky for members who have Back Pain. The “Back Now” program aims to change the way members with back pain currently access treatment by removing the cost barrier for seeing a physical therapist when the pain first arises.
“Anthem is the perfect partner for the Back Now pilot program,” said ProRehab CEO, Pat Wempe, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS. “We are aligned in the mission to help members get better care, faster, and with less out of pocket expenses.”
Patients are often prescribed preventable care for back pain such as opioids, steroid injections, advanced imaging, or, in extreme cases, lumbar spine surgery.
“Surgeries, medicines, and other healthcare procedures can be expensive,” said Wempe. “We’re in the business of healing, which is why the ProRehab team is proud to offer a safe, effective program. All we want is for back pain to be taken care of quickly, for less dollars and with a faster recovery.”
According to Wempe, “It’s a little-known fact that only 8-10% of patients who should get physical therapy as a first step to treating back pain, actually do. If we can move the needle on seeing a PT first, we can prevent our patients from needing thousands of dollars in medical care.”
STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT WHEN PHYSICAL THERAPY IS FIRST:
- 71% lower costs for the same outcome
- 75% – 90% lower likelihood of opioid use
- The need for prescription pain medications, surgeries, and costly imaging is prevented
- Quicker relief, less dollars, faster recovery
With the Back Now program, eligible Anthem BCBS of Kentucky members can see their ProRehab physical therapist without seeing a physician first. ProRehab is offering a package of 5 ProRehab PT visits for 1 copay and packages can be re-upped as needed.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Applicable Anthem plans are primarily Kentucky commercial plans and do not include Anthem’s Medicare or Medicaid plans.
- Patients must have a complaint of back pain.
To learn more about ProRehab’s physical therapy services, or to schedule a free consultation with one of Kentucky and Indiana’s experts in back pain treatment, please visit http://www.ProRehab-PC.com
For the original version on PRWeb visit: https://www.prweb.com/releases/insurer_and_local_pt_group_tackle_opioid_crisis_head_on_with_back_now_pilot_program/prweb16721214.htm
- Exclusive: California Working On Pilot Program For Point-of-Sale Rebate On Plug-In Vehicles
- Pierce Transit Electric Vanpools Hit The Road For Pilot Program
- Nissan Leaf all-electric taxis start pilot program in NYC [w/video]
- Audi Announces U.S. A3 e-tron Pilot Program; R8 e-tron Likely to Be a Limited Lease
- Tesla Opens Battery Swap Pilot Program In California
- Ford Unveils Carsharing Pilot Program For Select Ford Credit Consumers
- Self Driving Uber Crashes In Arizona, Company Halts Pilot Program
- Audi A3 e-Tron Gets U.S. Pilot Program – But You Can’t Sign Up
- GM and Shanghai Jiao Tong University begin vehicle sharing pilot program
- Audi announces A3 e-tron Electric Vehicle Pilot Program at TED [w/video]