DETROIT (Reuters) – The Mustang Mach E electric sport utility vehicle Ford Motor Co (F.N) unveiled in Los Angeles on Sunday is more than another car for the storied automaker. Ford Motor Co. shows the all-new electric Mustang Mach-E vehicle for a photo shoot at a studio in Warren, Michigan, U.S. October 29, 2019. Picture taken October 29, 2019. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook The Mach E has become within Ford a high-profile test for a restructuring that has been marred by profit warnings, costly quality problems and the troubled launch this year of another important vehicle, the Ford Explorer sport utility. For Chief Executive Jim Hackett, the Mach E’s aggressive design and futuristic interior represent a long-awaited, visible sign of the overhaul of the company’s product creation process that he has tried to explain to skeptical Wall Street analysts for the past two years. By accelerating the “clock speed” of vehicle development, cutting overlapping product architectures to just five from 13 and extending the company’s most successful brands to new products, Ford could slash $20 billion out of a five-year, 2018-2023 product plan, Hackett told Reuters. “This is the first thing we generated out of this new thinking,” Hackett said in an… Read full this story
- Environmentally Responsible WMU Adds Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Brooklyn Microgrid, Electric Vehicle Charging, LNG Trading - Blockchain Energizer Vol. 1
- Is Resale of Electricity at Electric Vehicle Charging Stations a Utility Service?
- More electrical vehicle charging points to be rolled out on island
- Tesco, Volkswagen to develop UK electric vehicle charging network
- Power up for free as electric car charging switched on in South Norfolk
- On-street electric car charging is coming to Portsmouth – despite protests of residents
- How 60,000 new LED lamp-posts in West Yorkshire could have 'electric vehicle charging points' inside
- New Legislative Requirements For Electric Vehicle Charging Stations At California Commercial Properties
- Ford Plugs In To Electric Vans In Germany As Diesel Bans Loom
Ford bets on an electric Mustang to charge its turnaround have 330 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.