Ashleigh Barty of Australia tops the end of season women’s tennis rankings released Monday, a day after her triumph in the WTA Finals in Shenzhen, China.With 7,851 points, Barty, who has topped the rankings since early September, eclipsed second-placed Karolína Plísková (5,940 points) by almost 2,000 points.Naomi Osaka (5,497) held on to third place from Simona Halep, who moved up one spot to fourth on 5.462 points.Barty dominated Elina Svitolina in Sunday’s final in Shenzhen, winning 6-4, 6-3 to collect the richest prize in women’s tennis of $4.4 million (4m euros). Svitolina rose two places to sixth in the rankings while Kiki Bertens moved up one to ninth at the expense of Serena Williams who slipped to 10th spot.Latest WTA rankings released November 4:1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 7,851 pts2. Karolína Pliskova (CZE) 5,9403. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 5,4964. Simona Halep (ROU) 5,462 (+1)5. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5,192 (-1)6. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5,075 (+2)7. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4,776 (-1)8. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4,745 (-1)9. Kiki Bertens (NED) 4,245 (+1)10. Serena Williams (USA) 3,935 (-1)11. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 3,120 (+3)12. Johanna Konta (GBR) 2,879 (-1)13. Madison Keys (USA) 2,76714. Sofia Kenin (USA) 2,740 (-2)15. Petra Martic (CRO) 2,61716. Marketa… Read full this story
- Australian Open : Petra Kvitova ends Ashleigh Barty's hopes with dominant win
- Tennis predictions for 2019: Grand slam winners, year end No 1s, biggest disappointment and more
- Sharapova makes statement on big stage by ending Wozniacki title defence
- Australia down France at Hopman
- The Latest: Kvitova wins in 2 sets at Australian Open
- Tennis, Australian Open: On bad hip, Andy Murray out in 1st round, Nadal finds form quickly
- Tennis, Australian Open, Day 3: Sharapova sets up 3rd round against Wozniacki
- Who would begrudge Petra Kvitova completing fairy tale comeback in Australian Open final?
Ashleigh Barty tops end-of-season women’s ranking have 287 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.