LOS ANGELES — A small-batch box set of film, music and memorabilia will be released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of âMichael Jacksonâs This Is It,â the movie that captured Jacksonâs final concert rehearsals before his death.
Only 1,000 numbered copies will be made of the set that is available for presale at the Jackson online store and will be released on Dec. 11, Sony Music and the Jackson estate announced Friday.
Each will include four LPs on translucent-blue vinyl, a 3-D Blu-Ray disc of the film, a 60-page coffee table book and a ticket for a July 24, 2009 concert at O2 Arena in London that was never held because Jackson died 18 days before the shows was scheduled to begin.
The film, which had the highest global box office gross of any concert documentary, was released in theaters that October, the first of several posthumous projects the Jackson estate would produce.
It was culled from the rehearsal footage for what was to have been a comeback tour before Jacksonâs doctor after his doctor gave him a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
Itâs among the first Jackson projects announced since renewed allegations of child sexual abuse against the singer made in the Emmy-winning documentary âLeaving Neverland,â which Jacksonâs estate has repeatedly attacked and challenged in court.
- Wasabi on Daniel Island celebrates 10 years
- Wasabi celebrates 10 years with a month of September specials
- Why binge-watching box sets with your partner is making you fatter than if you watched alone
- Downton Abbey official DVD collection costs £220 more than the old box set
- BBC should stop spending gazillions of pounds on afternoon TV and box-set clever with its schedule
- Pampered pet porker hogs owner’s sofa after getting addicted to binge watching box sets
- Good news box set fans! Binge watching your favourite TV shows might not be as bad for you as you think
- Paul Clement reveals box sets and early morning runs are the secret to Swansea resurgence in Premier League relegation dogfight
- Binge-watching box set shows on streaming services ‘can cause fatal blood clots’
- eBay UK deals and voucher codes: The online retailer is now offering a record high cashback rate - plus you can get a free £10