The statement says Wednesday that the cause of the crash is under investigation, however preliminary reports do not indicate it was caused by enemy fire.
It added further that in accordance with U.S. Department of Defense policy, the names of the service members killed in action are being withheld until 24 hours after notification of next of kin is complete.
- North Carolina Marine, 23, and girl, 19, are arrested on felony drug charges for distributing LSD to service members and civilians
- US Service Member Dies in Combat Operation in Afghanistan - NATO
- After Trump kills Taliban deal, Afghanistan faces more violence, longer odds for peace, experts say
- No fewer than 20 soldiers killed in northern Afghanistan
- 37 militants killed in northern Afghanistan
- 21-year-old woman killed in crash on Westheimer in West Houston
- Police: Motorcyclist killed in crash along North Freeway
- Find Out Which App Is Constantly Using Location Services and Killing Your Battery
- Pentagon Report Finds One in Five US Navy Service Members Are Obese
- Rural Fire Service member Liam Birrer skips HSC exam to fight bushfire