Australia’s biggest player, GlamCorner, has evolved since 2012 from a mainly special occasion site to meeting demand from “everyday” women who love new clothes but want to save space and minimise their environmental footprint. Last week, it announced a partnership with Country Road, which would see current styles from the fashion brand added to GlamCorner’s new subscription model. Customers can have three garments a month for $99, or unlimited “swaps” for $149. Country Road’s managing director, Elle Roseby, said it made perfect sense for the company to get in bed with a rental service. She said it offered customers a chance to “access our brand on their terms”. But while a growing number of Australian fashion brands are selling direct to rental sites, treating them as wholesale clients as they would boutiques or department stores, others are more hesitant, still fearing they will cannibalise their businesses. These labels need to wake up and drink some of Roseby’s tonic: there is room for both. You only have to look overseas to see how the synergy between retail and rental is gathering steam. US department store Bloomingdale’s has its My List subscription service and Banana Republic has Style Passport, signalling the next… Read full this story
- Editorial: 'We must stop shrugging off threat of climate change'
- 14 things we need to see happen in Cardiff in 2019
- House of Fraser closure: 'We have to see this as an opportunity'
- What to do if you need to see a GP out of hours this winter
- 12 theatre shows you need to see this January
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019
- Community needs to see plans to back up political promises: Our view
- Martin Lewis of MoneySavingExpert: It’s time to stop the debt threats
- Theresa May could hold meaningful vote next week in bid to see off threat of ministerial resignations
- US Missile Defense Systems in Europe Needed to Counter Iran Threat
Brands need to stop seeing rentals as a threat. They're an opportunity have 336 words, post on www.smh.com.au at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.