Lt. Ray Spencer of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Section, speaks to reporters, Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019, after a shooting at an apartment complex near downtown Las Vegas, the 1400 block of South Casino Center Boulevard, near Charleston Boulevard. (Elizabeth Page Brumley/Las Vegas Review-Journal @EliPagePhoto) A possible drug-related shooting in late August at a downtown Las Vegas apartment complex that left a 50-year-old woman dead remains unsolved. The woman, identified by the Clark County coroner’s office as Karen McKesson, died of multiple gunshot wounds. Her death was ruled a homicide. At the time of the shooting, which was reported around 2 p.m. Aug. 27, Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Ray Spencer said that detectives believed McKesson had been targeted by someone she knew, and that the killing appeared to narcotics-related. Police have said that McKesson was inside her apartment on the 1400 block of South Casino Center Boulevard, near Charleston Boulevard, when a man fired through her front door, striking her. The gunman left the area before officers arrived. Metro’s homicide records and county booking logs show that an arrest had not been made in the case as of Friday. Anyone with information may contact Metro’s homicide section at… Read full this story
- The Latest: Police release more Las Vegas shooting documents
- Las Vegas Convention Center $860M expansion design unveiled
- Country Music Star Eric Church Calls Out NRA Over Las Vegas Massacre: 'I Blame The Lobbyists'
- Las Vegas man's Apollo 11 film reels auctioned for $1.82M
- Las Vegas made nearly $60 billion in 2017 tied to tourism
- Arrest made in fatal stabbing of two Vietnamese in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas airport expects 50 million passengers in 2019
- ACMs to return to Las Vegas with a purpose beyond the party
- Review: Top 10 Best Cheap Hotels in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas airport sees more than 4.3M passengers in June
Woman killed in possible drug-related shooting in Las Vegas ID’d have 314 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.