By Richard Cowan BALTIMORE (Reuters) – The Trump administration plans to unveil a tax cut plan in mid-2020, a top White House adviser said on Friday, saying it would be targeted to giving significant relief to the middle class.Speaking to reporters at a retreat for Republican lawmakers, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow offered no details on what he has termed “Tax Cuts 2.0,” a plan the administration intends to put forward as President Donald Trump pursues his bid for a second White House term.”We will gather together the best ideas from the Hill (Congress), the administration and outside folks to provide a significant new round of middle class tax relief,” Kudlow said, adding, “This is not a recession measure at all.” Kudlow, who is director of the National Economic Council, did not specify how the tax cuts would be fashioned or how deep they might be. Kudlow said the initiative would probably be rolled out “sometime in the middle of next year,” which would be just months before the November 2020 presidential and congressional elections. Democrats have roundly criticized the 2017 Republican tax cut law as being heavily skewed toward the wealthy. Democrats opposed the measure and won enough… Read full this story
- White House officials are discussing plans to replace HHS Secretary Alex Azar
- White House Coronavirus Task Force Plans Thursday Release of Guidelines to Reopen Country
- White House Petition: Stop Work Visas for 2020
- White House Locked Down Owing to ‘Smoking Objects’ [Updated]
- White House shifts from raising alarms to reopening country
- The White House tried to move a reporter to the back of the press room, but she refused. Then Trump walked out.
- Trump reined in? White House aides want to curtail president's role in daily briefings after disinfectant debacle and angry walk-off on Friday because he's damaging chance of re-election
- White House, Congress Reach Consensus on Programme to Save Small Businesses Amid Pandemic - Report
- White House: Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Actions Saved Lives
- Coronavirus: Tax cuts flagged as part of economic recovery from COVID-19
White House to roll out tax cut plan mid-2020: Kudlow have 351 words, post on www.metro.us at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.