UPS SAYS IT PLANS TO HIRE 100,000 SEASONAL EMPLOYEES TO HANDLE THE HOLIDAY BUSINESS
(CNN) – UPS says it’s getting ready for the holiday season by going on a hiring spree.
The company announced on Monday that it plans to hire 100,000 seasonal employees for the holidays.
Most of the positions will be for package handlers, drivers and driver-helpers.
No word on the starting pay for the positions.
The increase in hiring comes as UPS predicts the volume of packages it handles will grow starting in November through January 2020.
UPS says it expects to hire over a third of seasonal workers permanently after the holidays
- Rising Oil Prices to Push Airfares up Ahead of Holiday Season
- How to Make This Holiday Season A Mindful One
- Employers step up hiring in April, unemployment down to 3.9 percent
- Police to beef up patrols over holiday weekend
- FedEx Ground, CareerLink ramp up hiring effort for new Lehigh Valley hub
- Record travel, tie-ups expected for holiday weekend
- ‘Excellent’ beach bathing water quality for Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton’s 2018 holiday season
- Police gear up for busy holiday weekend
- There's plenty to get fired up about this grilling season
- Panasonic ramping up hiring at RiverBend with 80 new positions