NIck Fontenot Special to the Advertiser Published 12:16 AM EDT Sep 15, 2019 There was 1:42 off the clock in the first quarter when UL scored its first touchdown Saturday night against Texas Southern. Scoring quickly — and easily — then became the theme of the game. In fact, the Ragin’ Cajuns scored so much, and so frequently, that the second half was reduced to 10-minute quarters after a mutual agreement between Cajuns coach Billy Napier and Texas Southern coach Clarence McKinney. Napier was resting his starters before halftime in the 77-6 shellacking of Texas Southern — a new school record for margin of victory. The 77 points scored was also a new Cajuns record for points scored in a single game (not counting a 1918 game against Patterson — whoever that is). The decision to move the second half to 10-minute quarters is unusual and also not something Napier had much to say about. More: How do college football games switch to 10-minute quarters? “That was an agreement between (McKinney) and I, and we’ll leave it at that,” Napier said. “I think it was what we needed to do for their team and our team, truth be told. But I… Read full this story
- Texas Southern basketball tags Johnny Jones as new head coach
- It’s so hot as football kicks off in Texas that some are opting for ‘Midnight Madness’
- Why did this football player go from Texas Tech to Texas Wesleyan?
- College football rankings, Week 9: Texas punished for Oklahoma State upset
- Hickbottom, Grambling St. beat Texas Southern 34-21
- Double-threat Davis helps Alabama St. past Texas Southern
- Texas Wesleyan football makes history vs. Texas College
- College football picks, Week 4: Texas has tough test against TCU
- Football: Friendswood cruises past Texas City, 34-14
- AIFF partners up with the Netherlands Football Federation to develop Indian football
UL Football: Cajuns get chance to develop in Texas Southern win have 312 words, post on eu.theadvertiser.com at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.