By Conor Humphries and Kylie MacLellan GARRYVOE, Ireland/LONDON (Reuters) – British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday there was “the rough shape of a deal to be done” over Brexit, as he prepared to meet European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker in a renewed push to reach an agreement.But Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar played down the prospects, saying the gap between Britain and the EU remained “very wide” and he doubted Johnson could make the compromises needed to get a deal and have it ratified by UK lawmakers.With just seven weeks until Britain is due to leave the EU, Johnson will travel to Luxembourg on Monday for his first meeting with Juncker as he seeks to reneogitate the exit deal his predecessor Theresa May reached with the bloc. Johnson says Britain will leave the EU on Oct. 31 whether or not he reaches a deal. But parliament passed a law last week over his objections ordering him to seek an extension if he fails to reach an agreement with the bloc.”We are working incredibly hard to get a deal. There is the rough shape of a deal to be done,” Johnson said at a convention of local politicians in… Read full this story
- UK PM Johnson to set out post-Brexit law and order drive in Queen's Speech
- UK PM Johnson Addresses Parliament on New Brexit Proposal
- Amber Rudd says Theresa May's Brexit deal failed because Tory MPs are SEXIST - saying she expects Boris Johnson's 'similar' plan will be passed
- Johnson Stumbles in Bid for Brexit Deal as EU Demands Answers
- EXPLAINER- How could UK PM Johnson avoid delaying Brexit?
- UK: PM Johnson will be held to account vows Labour's Corbyn
- Boris Johnson tells Cabinet his new Brexit deal could get rid of the Irish backstop while honouring the Good Friday agreement but warns there is 'still a lot of work to be done' as DUP and Tory hardliners threaten to derail his fledgling blueprint
- Cameron tells PM: Give more ground to secure Brexit deal
- Varadkar on the brink: Irish PM faces shock snap election if Brexit deal reached
- Significant work to do, but Brexit deal still possible: UK PM Johnson
UK PM Johnson says 'rough shape' exists for Brexit deal have 376 words, post on www.metro.us at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.