One reason I failed to see President Donald Trump coming is that I never saw even a single episode of “The Apprentice.” Indeed, I’d be hard put to name a single “reality TV” program I’ve watched from beginning to end. The hallmark of the genre, of course, being its sheer artificiality. For entertainment, I mainly watch ballgames. So everything I knew about Trump came from the New York tabloids: He was a vainglorious blowhard with more garish taste than Liberace. A publicity hound who’d inherited a whole lot of money; a playboy and an epic fabulator. Good grief, the guy even lies about his height. He claims to be 6-foot-3. Did you see him hanging a medal on basketball great Jerry West the other day? Even at age 81, West stands an athletic 6-foot-2. He’s got at least two inches on Trump, who’s maybe 6-foot, tops. What kind of guy does that? Maybe the kind of guy who phones tabloid gossip columnists pretending to be his own press agent, bragging about all the sexual favors he’s scoring. Your commander-in-chief. But I digress. Because I’d watched a lot of pro wrestling from Sunnyside Gardens in Queens during middle school, which my… Read full this story
- 'Prison Architect gave us the balls to make it' say Two Point Hospital developers
- How to build a Raspberry Pi wireless access point
- Xbox Gamer Earns 40,000 Achievement Points in 24 Hours
- Steve Bannon calls out Don Jr. for treason, and Don Sr is not happy.
- YouTube isn’t infringing on Alex Jones’ freedom of speech, it’s enforcing the rules
- YOGO: You only game once
- Wot I Think: DC Universe Online
- Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1 “The Order of the Stone” Review
- Apogee: Where Wolfenstein got its start
- YouTube’s weirdest creator teamed up with Microsoft to try and learn how to be human
To Trump, ‘owning the libs’ is the whole pointless point have 324 words, post on chicago.suntimes.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.