Robin Koval is CEO and president of Truth Initiative. The opinions expressed in this commentary are her own.
JUUL’s decision to appoint K.C. Crosthwaite, a longtime Altria executive responsible for building the Marlboro brand, as its new CEO sends a strong signal that the fight to ban flavored e-cigarettes is likely to intensify. Earlier this month, after a sixth person died of lung disease related to vaping — and that number is now up to 12 — the Trump administration announced that it would be taking measures to remove all flavored e-cigarettes from the market, excluding tobacco flavors.
- Graham: Every American deserves the right to confront their accuser, including the president
- UK ‘faces vaping epidemic’ as number of teens experimenting with e-cigs DOUBLES
- In Defense Of Glenn Thrush: He Deserves Better
- Taylor Swift deserves better from music industry and it’s time artists speak up
- The Moment Halsey Knew Her Fans Deserved "Better" Amid G-Eazy Split
- Nigeria deserves better
- Doesn't the Queen deserve better than this baffling festive absence? RICHARD KAY examines the impact of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision not to spend Christmas with the royal family
- Robert Aldrich deserves better than the way
- Toxic Relationships? You Deserve Better!