The much-anticipated party finally has beamed down to Earth.
Alienstock began Thursday in Rachel. It ends Sunday.
It is one of two Storm Area 51 events taking place in Lincoln County, with Area 51 Basecamp occurring Friday and Saturday in Hiko, about 40 miles from Rachel.
Rachel was thrust into the national spotlight in June, thanks to a Facebook post encouraging people to storm the secretive Air Force base commonly known as Area 51— long rumored to house extraterrestrial technology — to “see them aliens.” It later morphed into a three-day music festival.
Check out the scene from the first day in Rachel and Hiko.
- Forget Area 51
- 2 million want to raid Area 51 to 'see them aliens'
- Storm Area 51 Day 2: About 100 gather at security gate —
- Storming Area 51 gate popular activity throughout Friday — BLOG
- At Storm Area 51, some are born to Naruto run — BLOG
- Storm Area 51: A look at Day 2 — PHOTOS
- Bay Area sees hottest day since start of the year as Concord hits 90 degrees
- Area 51 or bust: Seeing the sights between Las Vegas and Rachel
- Area 51 crowd ‘storms’ security gate early Friday — PHOTOS