On Aug. 27, the Trump reelection campaign sent this message to its supporters in a fundraising email: “The President is calling on you at this critical time to remind (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) and Democrats that this is our country, not theirs.” This cannot — and should not — be dismissed as an “over the top” fundraising message. It is a declaration that a substantial portion of Americans are, in the eyes of Trump, not Americans at all because they don’t support Trump. Whether you calculate that percentage of Trump opponents based upon the 2016 presidential election, the 2018 congressional elections or the numerous polls from Jan. 20, 2017, up to the present that show at least a plurality, if not outright majority, of the people in this country do not support Trump, the message is clear. If you don’t support Trump, this is not your country. In the Dred Scott decision, Chief Justice Roger Taney wrote that African-Americans “had no rights which the white man was bound to respect.” Now Trump has said the same thing: If you are a Democrat, this is not your country; you have no rights which he, or his supporters, are bound to respect. The Dred… Read full this story
- New Zealand shooting victims: From a 3-year-old boy to a refugee who viewed his new country as 'a slice of paradise'
- The ISIS orphans waiting to come home
- The best noise cancelling headphones to shut out the world
- Will Croatia climb aboard the Schengen train?
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook: Trolling Romania again — Brexit progress — Mogherini’s legacy
- How the Balkans solved a Balkan problem
- Bristol Rovers full transcript: Graham Coughlan on Sunderland
- Opinion: Don’t tell me Shamima Begum’s baby didn’t know what it was doing when it was conceived by a traitor
- What would Enoch Powell make of Brexit?
- EXCLUSIVE: George Byers admits he'd love move to Rangers
Sounding off: This country belongs to all of us have 322 words, post on triblive.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.