Friday September 13, 2019 06:36 PM Michael D. Mountz’s retirement is effective Nov. 15. Written by By Susan Shelly Shillington, PA — Shillington’s longtime borough manager, Michael D. Mountz, will retire effective Nov. 15 after nearly 40 years of service to the borough.Council President John W. Hoffert announced the retirement at Thursday’s meeting.“I’m sorry, and it’s with regret that I announce this, but we all sort of knew that it was coming,” Hoffert said.Council will vote to accept the retirement at its October or November meetings.In other business, council voted to instruct the borough’s codes department to conduct an inspection of a vacant property at 105 N. Wyomissing Ave.The building, which once housed St. John de La Salle School and more recently Prospectus Berco, has been empty since 2006, and is in disrepair.Laura Leister, who lives across from the former school, presented council with a petition signed by 30 neighbors who are concerned about safety and other issues related to the building. Leister said trespassers regularly enter the building, which contains graffiti and numerous broken windows.“There are more windows broken than still in place,” Leister said.The grounds are covered with high weeds and trash.Mayor Andrew R. Hivner, who lives near… Read full this story
- Rushmere has busiest Christmas in 40 years
- "Sunday's Best: Celebrating 40 Years of CBS Sunday Morning"
- Every month for nearly 40 years, an annuity check. Then it ‘just disappeared.’
- Remembering Three Mile Island accident, 40 years later
- Council confusion causes family garage to close after 40 years
- Murder case that went cold for 40 years now has a suspect
- Louise Brown, The World's First Test-Tube Baby: Revisit Our Cover Story 40 Years Later
- Councillor to compete for new ward for first time in more than 40 years
- Report: NASA Burned Up Proof of Mars Life 40 Years Ago
- Texas Mom Gets 40 Years for Attempted Prostitution of 2-Year-Old Daughter
Shillington's manager to retire after 40 years with the borough have 322 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.