Cydney Henderson USA TODAY
Published 12:10 AM EDT Sep 11, 2019
Serena Williams may not have won the U.S. Open over the weekend, but the tennis star did win New York Fashion Week, with her daughter by her side.
Two-year-old Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. made her runway debut in her mother’s arms Tuesday, dressed in a black shirt, colorful Nike sneakers and an adorable high ponytail.
The mother-daughter duo strutted down the catwalk following Williams’ presentation of her S by Serena collection created to celebrate “women who turn fear into courage and doubt into confidence.”
“It’s really important for me to be all-inclusive. I really love the word inclusivity and not exclusivity — I think that’s just better,” she told Glamour backstage. “I think it’s so important for everyone to feel like they can see an outfit and think, ‘Oh, that looks like me and I feel good in it.’ It doesn’t matter what color they are.”
More: Duchess Meghan turns up at U.S. Open to watch pal Serena Williams play
Williams’ star-studded fashion show included celebrity guests Kim Kardashian West, La La Anthony, Ashley Graham, Dascha Polanco and husband Alexis Ohanian.
Just like mom: Serena Williams’ 1-year-old daughter is a natural with a tennis racket
See our full coverage of entertainment news
- Blogger's power on display at New York Fashion Week
- A day in the life of a New York Fashion Week model
- New York Fashion Week: Who to follow for the latest trends and what you've missed so far
- All-new Kia Telluride SUV makes surprise debut during New York Fashion Week
- New York Fashion Week: The best street style looks outside the runway shows
- New York Fashion Week 2019: Best-dressed celebrities, from Zendaya to Miley Cyrus
- New York Fashion Week: Nine-year-old double amputee walks runway
- New York Fashion Week: From politics to Rihanna's Savage x Fenty, here's what to expect
- Serena Williams wins battle of the working mothers to see off Evgeniya Rodina and reach Wimbledon 2018 quarter-final
- Bossier Parish fashion designer breaks into New Orleans Fashion Week