WASHINGTON (WCAX) Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, and Rep. Brian Higgins, D-New York, want more Customs and Border Patrol workers at our northern posts. Friday, they announced the Border Officer Utilization for National Defense Act or BOUND. The two sponsors plan to introduce the bill next week. It stems from the long waits people had to face at understaffed border crossings during the spring and summer. The under-staffing was because the Department of Homeland Security transferred northern border officers to the southern border. But many northern officers have now returned.
- Northern border marker planting nears end
- Improving efficiency of northern border trade
- Cows to be donated to northern border poor
- Northern border province welcomes 750,000 visitors
- Northern border provinces team up to promote investment
- President backs poverty reduction push in northern mountainous area
- Northern border districts open for business
- Smuggling flourishes in northern border at year end
- Gov't hails 'historic' northern border work
- Trade through northern border crossings remains stable
Schumer, Higgins push for more staff at northern border have 170 words, post on www.wcax.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.