FILE – This undated file photo provided by the Arkansas Secretary of State’s office shows Arkansas state Rep. Mickey Gates, of Hot Springs, Ark. Arkansas’ House speaker says he’s seeking the removal of Gates who pleaded no contest to not paying state income taxes. Speaker Matthew Shepherd said Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, he’s filing a resolution to remove fellow Republican Rep. Gates. Gates was charged last year with not filing returns from 2012 through 2017. In July, he entered the no-contest plea to one count of not filing or paying income taxes. Shepherd says a date has not been set for the House to take up the resolution.(Arkansas Secretary of State’s office via AP File) A formal resolution was filed Friday by the speaker of the Arkansas House of Representatives seeking to expel state Rep. Mickey Gates, R- Hot Springs, for failing to pay state income taxes. The action was expected after House Speaker Matthew Shepherd, R- El Dorado, announced last week that he would seek to expel Gates, who has refused calls to step down. Shepherd has not yet set a date for when the House will meet to consider a resolution. A two-thirds majority of the House must… Read full this story
- State Rep on Florida’s COVID-19 testing: ‘We’re not there yet’
- Biden-Supporting NH State Rep Resigns After Questioning Reade Story by Theorizing About ‘Position of Female Vagina’
- Democrat State Rep. Vernon Jones at Atlanta Cleanup: Not About Party Affiliation, ‘It’s About What’s in Your Heart’
- ‘Socialist Playbook’: State Rep. From Western Pennsylvania Compares Governor Tom Wolf’s Administration to Nazis
- Illinois Republican State Rep Sues Governor Pritzker Over Lockdown Orders
- Catia Sharp Announces Run For Somerville State Rep.
- ‘Just Not Right’: State Rep. Surprised Greene, Fayette And Washington Counties Are Not Moving To ‘Yellow’ Phase Of Gov. Wolf’s Coronavirus Reopening Plan
- NH State Rep. Richard Komi Resigns After Tweet About Joe Biden Accuser
- Complaint filed with state over evacuated nursing facility
- Coronavirus live updates: Massive, long term Bay Area studies may shape state’s reopening
Resolution filed to expel state Rep. Mickey Gates have 358 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.