After losing back to back games to the Rangers and dropping out of the top wild-card spot, the 87-61 Rays are looking to get back on the right side of things when they open a weekend series against the Angels. And with lefty Andrew Heaney starting for the the Angels, the Rays have stacked their lineup with eight right-handed hitters, as team home run and RBI leader Austin Meadows is the only lefty. Centerfielder Kevin Kiermaier, who has been out with a strained neck, gets another day of rest this way. Also, the Rays today added righthanded pitcher Jose De Leon to the taxi squad, so when he is activated on Saturday they will have 37 active players and 18 pitchers. Ji-Man Choi, who is not in the lineup, is on Rays record streak of reaching base in 10 consecutive at-bats. Here is the Rays lineup: Garcia dh Pham lf Meadows rf d’Arnaud c Aguilar 1b Duffy 3b Heredia cf Robertson 2b Adames ss Morton p And here is the Angels lineup, with Mike Trout back in action: Fletcher 3b Trout dh Goodwin cf Pujols 1b Calhoun rf Simmons ss Rengifo 2b Ward lf Smith C Heaney p
- Ishant down with pain in right ankle, doubtful starter for second Test
- Every Star Wars Film is Now Available to Pre-Order on 4K Blu-ray
- High-stakes Los Angeles DA’s race: Status quo vs. reform
- LMU looks for home win vs San Francisco
- Philadelphia faces Los Angeles, aims to break road losing streak
- A detainee has right to bail BY Justice Usman Bwala
- Buffy and Angel Alum James Marsters Explains How Spike Was Originally Supposed to Die
- Long Vs. Short: Is Chipotle a Healthy Investment?
- Battle between big city prosecutors in Los Angeles DA’s race
- Long vs. Short: Can Ford Survive in a World of Self-Driving Cars?
Rays at Angels lineups, leaning to the right vs. lefty starter have 315 words, post on www.tampabay.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.