HEALTH OFFICIALS REPORT THREE PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM EEE IN THREE STATES
(CNN) – Health officials say three people have died from a rare illness spread by mosquitos.
Rhode Island reported the latest death from Eastern equine encephalitis Monday.
It says the victim in their 50’s died Sunday.
No other details were given.
Experts say the virus, also known as EEE is rare but potentially fatal.
The CDC reports only five to ten human cases are reported every year.
But 30% of those cases end in death.
Officials also reported two deaths from the virus, one in Michigan, the other in Massachusetts.
- Michigan will spray in fight against deadly mosquito virus
- How does bug-repellent clothing work?
- 'The Maria Generation': Young people are dying and suffering on an island with a highly uncertain future
- EEE Scare Escalates To Warnings, Curfews In Connecticut - South Windsor, CT Patch
- Why Don’t We Have Vaccines Against Everything?