The Detroit News Published 5:02 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 A Chandler Park Academy School District student has been charged with threatening to shoot classmates this week, Harper Woods authorities announced Friday. The city’s Department of Public Safety learned about the threat Wednesday night, officials said in a statement. The release did not specify whether the threat involved the elementary, middle or high school part of the academy district. It also did not list the student’s age but described him as a juvenile. Detectives arrested the youth early Thursday in Detroit before he arrived at school, police said. He was not armed and investigators found no firearms at his home, officials reported. The student was held in the Wayne County juvenile detention facility and charged with making a terrorist threat, police said. It was unclear if he faced other discipline. Chandler Park Academy administrators did not immediately respond to a request for comment on his status Friday.
- Florida school shooting suspect 'expelled for having bullets in his rucksack'
- Florida high school shooting: Attacker 'about 18 years old and not current student'
- US student dies in accidental school shooting: officials
- Two students wounded in LA school shooting
- Florida high school shooting: 17 killed in attack
- Florida high school shooting: Multiple students injured, shooter still at large
- Teenager charged with 17 murders after Florida high school shooting
- Florida high school shooting: Lockdown after reports of 'active gunman'
- Florida governor proposes new gun sale limits after school shooting
- One dead, multiple wounded in Kentucky high school shooting
Police: Harper Woods student threatened school shooting have 261 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.