Investigators on scene after a small propeller plane crashed near Henderson Executive Airport on Saturday night. (Michael Quine / Review-Journal)Investigators on scene after a small propeller plane crashed near Henderson Executive Airport on Saturday night. (Michael Quine / Review-Journal)Investigators on scene after a small propeller plane crashed near Henderson Executive Airport on Saturday night. (Michael Quine / Review-Journal) Just before the fiery, fatal plane crash in Henderson on Sept. 7, a door on the aircraft had flung open in flight, according to a preliminary report released Tuesday. The pilot of the single-engine Beechcraft Sierra had taken off only moments earlier. To secure the door, he requested to turn around and land. The plane gained some more elevation first, then banked left. But during the bank, the plane suddenly fell nose first, according to the National Transportation Safety Board report. About a quarter mile from the Henderson Executive Airport, it slammed into a street, slid through a steel barrier fence, then came to rest in a drainage area, according to the report. With more than 20 gallons of fuel in the tank, the wreckage was consumed in flames. California men Lorenzo Harris, 48, and John McCarthy, 59, died in the crash…. Read full this story
- Uber Plans to End Self-Driving Car Tests in California Following Fatal Car Crash
- Why Are Korea's Doors Still Open to Chinese Visitors?
- Tesla Autopilot’s role in fatal 2018 crash laid out in newly-published docs
- Fatal Tesla crash: Car was on Autopilot when it hit truck, say investigators
- Stoughton Police Officer Acquitted In Fatal Canton Crash
- Bill Gates blasts Trump’s plan to open coronavirus lockdowns by Easter saying ‘you can’t ignore the bodies piling up’
- Canada holds doors wide open for Indians
- Terps may ask Friedgen to retire; door to open for Leach return?
- Linda Lusardi, 61, is ‘at death’s door’ amid ‘cruel and relentless’ coronavirus battle, says her husband Sam Kane
- Donald Trump Wants U.S. Economy To Be “Opened Up” By Easter, He Says At Fox News Town Hall
Plane door popped open before fatal Henderson crash, NTSB says have 345 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.