WICHITA, Kan. — An Ohio gamer upset about a $1.50 bet while playing Call of Duty: WWII online was sentenced Friday to 15 months in prison for recruiting a prankster to make a bogus emergency call that resulted in the fatal shooting of a Kansas man by police. Casey Viner, 19, of North College Hill, Ohio, also is restricted from gaming activity for two years during the two years he will be on supervised release after serving his prison term, U.S. District Judge Eric Melgren said in announcing the sentence. Viner pleaded guilty in April to felony charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice in the hope that he would not be sentenced to prison. Viner admitted trying to hide his involvement in the 2017 incident when he realized the antic had gotten someone killed.Prosecutors and defense lawyers in their plea agreement had recommended a sentence of two years of probation, with the added condition that Viner be confined for six months to his home unless attending school, work or church. They also jointly recommended… Read full this story
- French far-left leader sentenced to suspended prison term
- HC upholds Gawli’s life sentence in Sena corporator murder case
- Brokerages bullish on these 10 multi-cap stocks; expect 14-121% return in 8-15 months
- Outrage as tennis star Maria Sharapova's 15-month doping ban is referred to as a 'time out' in 'shameful' Channel 7 interview at the Australian Open draw she controversially hosted
- British electrician is sentenced to THREE MONTHS prison in Dubai for touching a man's hip in a bar and says he is 'dreading what happens next'
- Lakewood man sentenced to federal prison for dealing meth, heroin
- Larry Nassar sentenced to third prison term of 40 to 125 years for sexual abuse
- UK unemployment falls but hiring spree stalls to 15-month low
- 'Buried alive': the old men stuck in Britain’s prisons
- Prison officer, 25, started relationship with violent kidnapper and sent him text messages on illegal secret phone
Ohio gamer sentenced to 15 months prison in 'swatting' case have 331 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.