As a resident of North Dakota, I am surprised that an agency, such as the Public Service Commission, is not required to enforce North Dakota law. I did everything I could to follow the “process,” yet North American Coal Co. isn’t being held accountable by the PSC. NAC damaged our family’s farmland when their pond water overflowed onto our farmland, which caused erosion that resulted in a loss of crop income. NAC also discharged pond water into the farmland creek, which resulted in flooding. In an attempt to fix the issue, NAC constructed a deep diversion ditch on the farmland and deepened the road ditch which now blocks access to farmland. All of this occurred outside the permit area. The even bigger issue is that the PSC did nothing to address the issue when I filed a formal citizen complaint. The PSC determined that these actions are not mining related, which contradicts the fact that all changes and damage to farmland was done by NAC. On June 12, I attended the meeting for my formal citizen complaint with the PSC. I was not allowed to speak at this meeting. I am not even certain if the PSC commissioners had read… Read full this story
- DHS To Enforce ‘Public Charge’ Law, Exclude Migrants Who Rely on Welfare
- SF man’s tweetstorm over stolen van leads to new state law
- Financially-ailing Oakland schools will get cash infusion under new state law
- Why Can’t Those Who Claim to Be ‘Pro-Law Enforcement’ Defend Our Law Enforcement Leaders?
- Why Won’t Those Who Claim to Be ‘Pro-Law Enforcement’ Defend Our Law Enforcement Leaders?
- Washington State Law Will Soon Tell Domestic Abuse Survivors When Their Abusers Buy Guns
- Outgoing Gov. Jerry Brown: Sanctuary State Law Has ‘Nothing to Do’ With the Cpl. Singh’s Murder
- Challenger Cynthia Nixon says she’d make New York a ‘sanctuary state,’ rips Gov. Cuomo for failing to get it done
- Suspect killed, troopers wounded in shootout with law enforcement in Talihina as fire erupts, destroys two downtown buildings
- State employee discipline for sexual harassment ranged from reprimands to termination
Letter: The PSC isn't enforcing ND state law have 364 words, post on www.inforum.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.