John Bolton, the national security adviser, was ousted after fundamental disputes with President Trump over how to handle foreign policy challenges like Afghanistan, Iran and North Korea. But the two men disagreed about how they parted ways.
On today’s episode:
Peter Baker, the chief White House correspondent for The New York Times.
President Trump said he fired John Bolton; Mr. Bolton insisted that he had resigned. Regardless, they had a fundamental disagreement over foreign policy, most recently Afghanistan.
Mr. Trump is now looking for the fourth national security adviser of his presidency. Here is a short list of possibilities.
Tune in, and tell us what you think. Email us at [email protected] . Follow Michael Barbaro on Twitter: @mikiebarb . And if you’re interested in advertising with “The Daily,” write to us at [email protected] .
Peter Baker contributed reporting.
“The Daily” is made by Theo Balcomb, Andy Mills, Lisa Tobin, Rachel Quester, Lynsea Garrison, Annie Brown, Clare Toeniskoetter, Paige Cowett, Michael Simon Johnson, Brad Fisher, Larissa Anderson, Wendy Dorr, Chris Wood, Jessica Cheung, Alexandra Leigh Young, Jonathan Wolfe, Lisa Chow, Eric Krupke, Marc Georges, Luke Vander Ploeg, Adizah Eghan, Kelly Prime, Julia Longoria, Sindhu Gnanasambandan, Jazmín Aguilera, M.J. Davis Lin and Dan Powell. Our theme music is by Jim Brunberg and Ben Landsverk of Wonderly. Special thanks to Sam Dolnick, Mikayla Bouchard, Stella Tan and Julia Simon.
- Why Trump fired John Bolton as national security adviser
- Donald Trump is siding with his electioneers over John Bolton on Iran
- Democrats see John Bolton as potential star witness
- Trump Announces on Twitter That He Fired National Security Advisor John Bolton Over 'Disagreements'
- Trump Adviser Who Lamented 'Demonization of Carbon Dioxide' Follows Bolton Out the White House Door
- Ex-Rep. Livingston pressed for Ukraine ambassador's firing, says witness
- ‘I love Tiffany’: Donald Trump denies he called his daughter FAT after he fires personal assistant for making ‘hurtful’ comments and talking about son Barron, 13, while drinking with reporters
- Both sides claim win in White House official's impeachment testimony
- Sudan Government Lost Legitimacy By Sending Janjaweed Militia Against Protesters
- Hong Kong protesters smash way into legislative building on anniversary of Chinese rule