By Lisa Kashinsky | [email protected] | PUBLISHED: September 21, 2019 at 10:27 am | UPDATED: September 21, 2019 at 10:29 am Joseph Kennedy III launched his U.S. Senate bid Saturday morning in the gymnasium of the East Boston Social Centers, invoking his family’s immigrant roots in the neighborhood while pledging to “show up” for Massachusetts. “This community, Massachusetts, has been with my family for an awful long time,” through good times and bad, Kennedy said. “So my commitment to you, throughout this campaign, if I am fortunate to serve in the United States Senate, is that I will show up.” Kennedy, currently a U.S. Representative, is mounting a primary challenge to incumbent U.S. Sen. Edward Markey, in a race that also includes labor attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan and business executive Steve Pemberton. Kennedy launched his campaign with a roughly 10-minute speech outlining his family’s pursuit of the American dream and how he’s now seeking to help others achieve it in the face of a fractured society and roadblocks erected by the Trump administration.He said President Trump had “forced a reckoning in this nation” that “requires taking on a clearly broken system … that allowed him to win in the first place.”… Read full this story
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez endorses Ed Markey as Joe Kennedy III mulls Senate run
- Joe Kennedy III will challenge Ed Markey in Senate primary
- Ed Markey supporters urge Joe Kennedy III to stand down on primary bid
- Joe Kennedy III stumps for Elizabeth Warren as he mulls Senate bid
- Joe Kennedy III files statement of candidacy ahead of possible Senate run
- Police force apologizes to Joe Kennedy after vulgar tweet
- Coronavirus has been "devastating for low-income families," says Massachusetts Rep. Joe Kennedy
- Mafia III launches on PC with 30 FPS cap
- Will Joe Biden Let the Senate Kill His Presidency?
- Ex-Home Office chief launches legal bid against government over Priti Patel bullying claims
Joe Kennedy III launches U.S. Senate bid in East Boston have 325 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.