The Information Technology Ministry may not be in favour of linking Aadhaar with social media profiles under the reasoning that it clashes with earlier judgements on privacy and use of the biometric identification card has to be carefully thought over before any decision to let it be used on public platforms like social media. Sources said on Friday that linking Aadhaar to social media is not favourable, as it clashes with the earlier judgements on privacy. Use of Aadhaar has to be carefully thought of before linking it to the social media from all angles. To catch the source of fake, indecent, provoctive, anti-national sources of information, comments or news, Aadhaar is not the instrument, they said. There was, however, no official position on this yet, sources clarified. The IT Department is expected to submit its stand on the issue to the apex court. But what eventually goes in the submission at the SC, that only depends on wider consultations the ministry has with Law Ministry which is also headed by IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and Solicitor General Tushar Mehta. The Ministry has also consulted the UIDAI, the nodal department of Aadhaar, but sources declined to tell what views… Read full this story
- VN needs healthy social media environment: official
- Social media firms 'should hand over data amid suicide risk'
- As social media takes over, matinee idols lose print space
- New social media rules may make user ID verification mandatory
- J&K to be no-social media zone for local broadband users
- Finance ministry to launch social media campaign on budgetary terms
- SC sets 3-week deadline for government to frame guidelines against misuse of social media
- Nick Kyrgios takes swipe at Lleyton Hewitt on social media before deleting post
- While shuttered at home, China exploits social media abroad
- The life and times of Conor McGregor -- how social media changed UFC fighter
IT Ministry Said to Not Favour Aadhaar-Social Media Linkage, No Official Position Yet have 323 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.