Home HomeNewsEducationHealthTechAdvanced Manufacturing & LogisticsLife SciencesAg INnovationINPower INnovatorsBigWigs & New GigsVideoPurchase Gerry DickGerry’s MessageSpeaking Engagement RequestSubscribeNewslettersPODCASTAppRSSOn-AirTV & Radio Listings ContactAbout IIBMeet the TeamContact UsWork at IIBFlagship Stations Indiana Farm Bureau Celebrates Repeal of WOTUS Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 12:58 PM EDTUpdated: Friday, September 13, 2019 4:02 PM EDTBy Wes Mills, Content Mana[email protected] Trump Administration repealed WOTUS, a rule under the Clean Water Act. INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Farm Bureau is celebrating the repeal of a specific rule under the federal Clean Water Act that many farmers felt represented government overreach.The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Thursday formally revoked the 2015 Waters of the United States rule. WOTUS expanded the types of waterways that can receive federal protections under the Clean Water Act. Farm groups criticized the rule, saying it would regulate bodies of water as small as farm ponds, or roadside farm ditches that fill-up after heavy rain.“The 2015 WOTUS rule was an overreach of power. It made conservation more difficult, and created uncertainty and liability for farmers,” said Justin Schneider, Indiana Farm Bureau’s director of state government relations.Shortly after taking office, President Trump issued an executive order directing EPA to review and possibly replace WOTUS.“Repealing the rule is a major win… Read full this story
- Calls for U.S. farm debt, loan relief grows as coronavirus spreads
- The Final Stake Through the Heart of Repeal Is … Orrin Hatch?
- U.S. seeks option to allow Mexico guest workers on farms as visas slowed
- Indiana to renew driver's licenses during stay-at-home order
- Food, Farmers & Community: Farming Forward
- Why Indiana’s Religious-Freedom Law Is Backfiring
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Earl of Derby wins his battle to build 400 homes on his stud farm
- Buckner’s belated birthday celebration begins with Colts
- Paddocks 'painted green': Australian farmers celebrate rains amid grinding drought
- Another complete parcel of molluscs: With the silly season in full swing, RICHARD LITTLEJOHN takes time to celebrate Great British stupidity and bureaucracy when it comes to wildlife
Indiana Farm Bureau Celebrates Repeal of WOTUS have 336 words, post on www.insideindianabusiness.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.