The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has sought suggestions from stakeholders for certification of online content. Prakash Javadekar, the Minister of I&B asked for the suggestions during an event to unveil a new logo and certificate design of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) in Mumbai on Saturday. The minister did not give out further details in this regard during the event which was organised by CBFC Mumbai.Javadekar “invited suggestions and recommendations from audience and other stakeholders regarding certification of online content”, according to a press release.Currently, there are no regulations in place to certify or censor online-streaming content. However, in the beginning of this year, nine streaming services voluntarily signed a self-regulation code namely “Code of Best Practices for Online Curated Content Providers”. These included Hotstar, Voot, ZEE5, Arre, SonyLIV, ALTBalaji, Reliance Jio, Netflix, and Eros Now. Through this code, the signatories promised to not make available content which disrespects the national emblem or flag, shows children engaged in sexual activities, hurts religious sentiments, etc. However, there is no legal validity of this code.Before the introduction of the code, streaming giant Netflix had faced backlash over a dialogue in Sacred Games about former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on its… Read full this story
- The top 19 big data and data analytics certifications for 2017
- Apple Certification Guide: Overview And Career Paths
- Buy or build: is there a sensible way to go OTT?
- Ministry, steel firms work to seek exemption from US duties
- Pakistan police seek travel ban on US diplomat over crash
- 15 data science certifications that will pay off
- 23,000 SSL certificates to be mass-revoked following DigiCert/Trustico spat
- Tecmint’s Guide to Red Hat RHCSA / RHCE Certification Preparation Study Guide
- Ebook: Introducing the Linux Foundation’s LFCS and LFCE Certification Preparation Guide
- Instagram Testing A Redesigned Explore Page With Organized Suggested Content
I&B Ministry Seeking Suggestions on Certification of OTT Content: Javadekar have 321 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.