Hustlers Stx Financing LLCWritten and directed by Lorene Scafaria, Hustlers is based on the true story documented in “Hustlers in Scores,” a 2015 New York magazine article by Jessica Pressler. The movie kicks off in 2007, before the effects of the recession were fully felt, and when things were still fun and business was still good. Wall street guys were making bank, and a considerable amount of that dough made it into the hands of strip club workers. But in 2008, the financial crisis started to affect the club’s clientele, which also meant a decline in the dancers’ pay. Hustlers shows how an all-out class war ensued, with a group of four stripper friends (played by Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu, Keke Palmer, and Lili Reinhart) targeting their rolodex of wealthy clients, drugging them with a cocktail of liquor, ketamine, and MDMA, and guiding them to a club where the women had negotiated a percentage of their spending. Once there, the women would easily persuade their drunken victims to hand over their credit cards, racking up thousands of dollars in expenses. Throughout Hustlers, we flip back and forth between the past and present, with Destiny (Constance Wu) recounting the events that… Read full this story
- Nick Hornby’s ‘Funny Girl’: Book review
- Robin Williams dead at 63: The comedian had poignant reaction to being called a ‘sad clown’
- City Controller Scott Stringer: Metrosearch Recoveries ‘a bunch of hustlers’
- Obama surprises a choked-up Biden with Medal of Freedom
- Seth Rogen surprises fans at a Los Angeles screening of ‘The Interview’
- ‘The Voice’ Season 9 Premiere Recap: youth and surprising pipes on display
- East Brunswick's Jax to release 6-song EP 'Funny'
- Bruce Willis makes Broadway debut in 'Misery,' says play is scary and funny
- Golden Globe nominations put ‘The Artist’ squarely in front-runner position for Oscars; Spielberg among surprising snubs
- Four books by Chelsea Handler's TV mates ... who's funny and who's not?
Hustlers Is Funny, Fleshy, and Surprisingly Poignant have 330 words, post on www.portlandmercury.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.