Shelby Dermer Cincinnati Enquirer Published 4:20 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 Nate Mahon said it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to coach at his alma mater when he took the head football coach job at Hamilton last December. Although he was fresh off taking Little Miami to the playoffs for the first time in more than 25 years, Mahon did not propound a set of lofty expectations for his first year with the Big Blue. The Hamilton football team had to start from the bottom, where they’ve been for the better part of a decade — no playoff victories in school history and a 21-59 record (including 1-9 last season) since its last winning season in 2010. Before jumping into Xs and Os, Mahon and his coaching staff wanted to spend as much time as possible with the Hamilton players. The bigger part of the battle was breaking the mental trend of losing being contagious. “Getting them to believe in themselves and buy in to a new infrastructure takes time and I think assembling a great stuff like we did helps that,” Mahon said. “We spent 6-8 months just building relationships with our kids first before we started talking about scheme and… Read full this story
- Winningest active high school football coach in each state
- India women’s football coach Maymol Rocky calls up 30 players for preparatory camp
- Correction: Football Coaches Suspension story
- High school football coach who punished his players by making them run laps to make a locker thief confess is 'outed as the real culprit after students install a secret camera'
- Penn State football coach James Franklin 'repeatedly tried to influence medical decisions so his players could return to action,' according to a $50,000 lawsuit filed by ex-team doctor
- Unofficial road sign named after South Korean football coach removed
- High School Football Coaches Podcast Ep. 4: NFL veteran Jake Plummer
- Russia has 145 million people and likes football, so why are the team so poor?
- Like Many College Football Coaches, Chris Petersen Can't Talk About The Transfer Portal Without Hedging
- VFF files complaints over Thai football coach behaviour
Hamilton head football coach Nate Mahon teaching team to believe have 355 words, post on eu.cincinnati.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.