A food brand is expanding its plant-based portfolio with a new ‘meat-like’ line. MorningStar Farms, a brand of Battle Creek-based Kellogg Company, will roll out a new vegan product line called Incogmeato that will be available in grocery stores and to the food service market beginning in early 2020, according to the brand last week. The new line will include MorningStar Farms’ first ready-to-cook plant-based burger to be sold in the refrigerated meat case, as well as frozen, fully prepared plant-based Chik’n tenders and nuggets. More consumers are “choosing a ‘flexitarian’ lifestyle and actively reducing meat,” said Sara Young, general manager of plant-based proteins, MorningStar Farms. “We know that about three-fourths of Americans are open to plant-based eating,” Young said. “Yet, only one in four actually purchase a plant-based alternative. So the intent is fully there, but it hasn’t necessarily been followed with action. “We know the No. 1 barrier to trying plant-based protein is taste. These consumers are still seeking the amazing taste, texture and sizzling qualities of meat but want a better alternative for themselves and the planet.” The 4-ounce plant-based Incogmeato burger will be made with non-GMO soy. The Incogmeato Chik’n tenders and nuggets, also made with non-GMO soy,… Read full this story
- Best Sanitizers, Inc. Introduces New Versatile Line of Alpet® Peracetic Acid Sanitizers to Help Food Processors Reduce the Risk of Pathogens
- Biggest food brands 'failing goals to banish palm oil deforestation'
- Trans-fat Filled Items and Sugar, Salt on Indian Grocery Shelves Worry Leading Food Brand
- BayView Professional Associates introduces new option for treating major depressive disorder
- Barack Obama's emissions plan comes under new line of attack
- Namibia to introduce new laws to fight gender-based violence
- Is BDSM the New Trend? German Brand Unveils New Kinky Collection at Berlin Fashion Week
- What’s that smell? It’s a clean train car on BART’s new line
- Update for Call of Duty Mobile introduces new maps, game modes ahead of Season 3
- Santander cuts cashback interest on top current account and introduces new 40% charge on overdrafts
Food brand introducing new line of meat alternatives have 352 words, post on www.grbj.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.