September 13, 2019 | 5:43 PM Rachel McDevitt Rachel McDevitt is WITF’s host of Fresh Air and All Things Considered. Courtesy: The Elegance at Hershey (Harrisburg) — The organizers of an annual vintage car show and fundraiser say they won’t hold the event next year. The Elegance at Hershey includes a vintage race car exhibition and gala in the gardens of the Hotel Hershey. Organizers said over the past nine years the event has raised more than $1 million in donations for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum and the AACA Library. In a letter to supporters, Elegance Chairman Michael Rich said the board has been guided by the principle that “if we could not make a substantial difference to our charities there would be no reason to exist.” Organizers said the break in 2020 is to regroup and revamp with the hope of returning with a better event in June of 2021.
- Napa Valley Vintners Defend Buttigieg ‘Wine Cave’ Event; Warren Called Out for Big-Donor Fundraisers
- CNN Climate Change Town Hall with 2020 Democrats: How To Watch, Start Time, Lineup
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic torch relay schedule unveiled
- Trump Toys With Delaying 2020 Census, Maybe Defying Constitution
- Pinkerton: Beyond Impeachment, Health Care Remains the GOP’s 2020 Weak Spot
- 2020 NHL All-Star Game captains: Ovechkin, McDavid, Pastrnak, MacKinnon
- 'Been growing for months': Georgia Fowler flaunts her sensational pins in an elegant feathered mini dress at a fashion event in Sydney
- Venice Film Festival: Naomi Watts exudes elegance in a diamond-encrusted fringed gown at Roma screening
- Kristen Bell arrives in style to celeb-packed Frozen II premiere in elegant keyhole gown as co-star Idina Menzel exudes cool in ice white dress
- Viola Davis Proves She's a Style Icon After Wearing an Elegant Gown With Sneakers at the 2019 Emmys
Elegance at Hershey event to take hiatus in 2020 have 303 words, post on www.witf.org at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.