The Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation, Cannabis Control Section has approved 26 businesses as “Responsible Vendors” authorized to provide mandatory health and safety training to cannabis dispensary agents often referred to as “budtenders.” At least half of these approved providers are minority owned. Approved vendors are based in Cook, Lake, Kane, DuPage, Will, and Sangamon counties in Illinois, and include three out-of-state companies from Iowa, Texas, and Florida. Many Responsible Vendors offer online trainings or have expressed a willingness to travel. Responsible Vendors provide dispensary agents important training on how to properly check purchaser identification, state laws and rules relating to dispensing cannabis, how to identify signs of impairment, physiological effects of cannabis, security measures, and health concerns related to cannabis consumption. The Responsible Vendor training requirement is based on similar training required of alcohol servers but is tailored to the Illinois cannabis regulatory structure. All medical cannabis dispensing agents currently working in Illinois must receive training from an approved Responsible Vendor by November 30, 2019 to ensure they have been trained before adult use sales begin on January 1, 2020. Any newly hired dispensary agents also will be required to receive training from an… Read full this story
- Heavy alcohol drinkers who also smoke cannabis 'may slash their odds of getting killer liver diseases such as cirrhosis by up to 55%'
- Company's Seal of Approval a Standard for Security Products
- Vendors Striving To Automate WLAN Deployment Planning
- Vendors Test Gaming Fee Models
- Airbnb announces tool to help find emergency shelter for disaster victims
- Cannabis Genome Sequenced
- Study Shows Muted Stress Response Linked to Long-Term Cannabis Use
- Array Announces Completion Of Binimetinib, Encorafenib Transactions
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Vendors Gain Congressional Support on IT Pricing
- FDA Approves First Prescription Digital Therapeutic to Combat Substance Use Disorder
DFPR Announces Approved Cannabis Responsible Vendors have 306 words, post on chicagodefender.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.