The D.C. Memo is a weekly recap of Washington political news, journalism, and opinion, delivered with an eye toward what matters for Minnesota. Sign up to get it in your inbox every Thursday. Welcome to this week’s edition of the D.C. Memo. This week in Washington, corporate executives deny there is a problem, the Minnesota congressional delegation talks gun legislation, and Al Franken returns (somewhat). Let’s get on with this. Keeping an eye on 3M This week marked the first time Maplewood-based 3M testified in front of the House Oversight Committee. The result? The company said they do not believe potentially cancer-causing chemicals they used in a variety of consumer products — two types of compounds in a group known as PFAS — are harmful unless people are exposed in extremely high concentrations. Read more at MinnPost. “In many ways Minnesota, my state, is ground zero for for the PFAS contamination that confronts the country,” former Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson testified before the committee. There were multiple mass shootings over the long recess before Congress went back into session this week. What do members, particularly Minnesota members, intend to do moving forward? Patrick Condon at the Star Tribune has… Read full this story
- Ditch the plastic bottles: Amazon shoppers say this £23 BRITA Filter Jug serves perfectly chilled great-tasting water
- In push for normalcy, industries, nations test the waters
- California’s water wars heat up at Sacramento hearing over river flows
- The 8 key provisions expected in Democrats' next COVID-19 bill
- Ginsburg speaks from hospital during court arguments
- Justices split over religious exemptions for ObamaCare birth control mandate
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to cut salaries by 10% for staff earning Rs 25 LPA and above
- Bhopal: 25 years of poison
- Christie: Supreme Court's 'Bridgegate' ruling ends 'political crusade'
- Wells Fargo, TD Bank turn over Trump financial records to House Dems
D.C. Memo: Something in the water have 318 words, post on www.minnpost.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.